Parent Info and Guidelines
It is our intent to provide the best possible care for your child and meet their needs at all times. In helping us provide the best possible care for your child, please review the following guidelines:
- Place your child’s name on everything!
- Always pack a change of clothes in your child’s diaper bag. Parents should bring extra diapers, training pants and a complete change of clothing any time your child is brought to the nursery.
- Give the teacher your child’s feeding schedule and keep it up to date as changes occur.
- Please pack bottles only. Baby food will not be given and formula should be pre-mixed.
- Inform the teacher of any food allergies that your child might have.
- All liquids should be brought in plastic bottles or disposable containers labeled with your child’s name.
- Remember that only adults may pick up preschoolers.
- Parents must remain in the GoldenSword International Fellowship (GIF) Nursery during regularly scheduled worship times, classes and events where childcare is provided. This ensures that we are able to reach you in case of an emergency.
- Please be sure to sign your child in and out of the nursery by using the sign-in sheet provided at the door.
- We are not responsible for personal items left behind such as diaper bags such as billfolds, car keys, cell phones, etc.
- We cannot give your child medication.
- Please view GIF’s Wellness Policy
What Parents Should Know
Children at this age often have trouble separating from parents. We will call you if your child does not adjust to being in the nursery after a reasonable amount of time (15-20 minutes).
- Linens are changed after every child leaves the nursery.
- Toys are cleaned after every service.
- Diaper changing guidelines are posted in each classroom.
- Hand washing guidelines are posted in each classroom.