M.E.N. Ministry (Men’s Empowerment Network)The M.E.N Ministry of GoldenSword International Fellowship will give each man the opportunity to discover his role from the scriptures. The men of GoldenSword International Fellowship will become enriched and find fulfillment through a dynamic relationship with God, their wives and children, their extended families and other men.Mission Statement
To Galvanize, Mobilize, Equip, and Empower an exceeding great army of word trained, warring men that are full of faith and the Holy Ghost to possess the land.
Some of the benefits of involvement in the M.E.N. Ministry are:
- Men discovering their roles as husbands, fathers and role models from the scriptures.
- Men receiving ministry which meets the specific needs of each man
- Creating healthy bonding and friendships with other men of the church
- Engaging in activities which provide social and intellectual development and expressions from men of various economic, intellectual and social strata.
- Developing one’s maximum potential as a Christian man.
The acronym M.E.N. stands for Men’s Empowerment Network
It is the name of The GoldenSword’s men’s ministry and was born from I Samuel 22:1-2.
“David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father’s house heard it, they went down thither to him. And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.”
Adullam, which means “retreat or refuge” was associated with a cave or safe haven where David fled for refuge when he was fleeing from King Saul.
The Lord has given our spiritual overseer and valiant leader, Bishop Derek G. Owens, a vision to provide a safe haven and restoration station for each and every man in our church, city, and the nations.